When do I use this technique?
When you want to schedule a promotion to start or end on a given date.
How do I configure it?
- Schedule recurring promotion?: Uncheck this option
- When does the promotion start?: Set a date
- When does the promotion end?: Select "On a fixed date"
- The discount code expires on a given date and time: Select the end date
What is the effective start date of my promotion?
Your promotion starts (i.e. is displayed) when the following is true:
- The configured promotion start date/time is in the past
- If the promotion is associated with a fixed discount code then, additionally, the start date of the discount code as defined in Shopify should be in the past as well. This does not apply for generated discount codes.
The effective start date is therefore the latest date of the two mentioned above.
What is the effective end date of my promotion?
Your promotion ends (i.e. is no longer displayed) when the following is true:
- The configured promotion end date/time is in the past
- If the promotion is associated with a fixed discount code then the promotion will be stopped if the discount code's end date is configured in Shopify and is in the past. This does not apply for generated discount codes.
- If you have configured the discount code to expire then the promotion will be stopped (for a given visitor) if the discount code has expired.
The effective end date therefore depends on the three elements mentioned above.
What's the experience like for my prospects/customers?
Customers who access your store before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date will not be shown your promotion.