Discount Ninja (the "App”) provides the ability to manage promotions (the "Service") to you (the "Merchant") who uses Shopify to power their store.
Personal Information the App Collects
When you install the App the app acquires access to a set of information in your Shopify account required by the App to operate. Specifically the App has access to:
- Discounts: the App can access details of existing discount codes and can create new ones. This is needed to be able to allow you to select a discount code to apply or generate new ones on the fly.
- Products: the App can access the list of products and collections available on your store; this allows you to select products and collections directly from the app
- Theme files: the App adds liquid files to your theme; these files allow your theme to show discounted prices
- Orders: the App can read new orders created on your store. The order data is not persisted on our servers. It is only used to determine how much revenue each of your promotions generates. This helps you determine the ROI on each promotion managed by the App
- Draft order: the App can create draft orders. Draft orders allow visitors to check out a cart that include advanced discounts that cannot be applied through a normal checkout.
Personal information of the Merchant
We collect the following types of personal information from you (the Merchant) once you have installed the App:
- Name and email address of the Owner and optionally other Staff: this information allows the App to send information when important events occur (e.g. when a scheduled promotion starts or ends; an issue is detected that affects one or more of your promotions; new features are released; ...)
Personal information of the Visitors
We collect the following types of personal information from the individuals who visit your store (the Visitors) once you have installed the App:
- IP address: the App processes the IP address of the visitor in order to determine their location for the purposes of serving them promotions applicable for their location
We collect information about individuals who visit your store using the following technologies:
- “Web storage” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about web storage, and how to disable it, visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_storage.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the personal information we collect from you and your customers in order to provide the Service and to operate the App. Additionally, we use this personal information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Optimize or improve the App; and
- Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not share the personal information we collect from you and your customers with any third parties.
However, we may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you install the app, we will maintain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you uninstall the app or ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Physical address: Pacificatielaan 59, 9000 Gent
Data Protection Officer: Bart Coppens
Last updated: July 24, 2018